Monday, May 9, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY

A few weeks ago Brittani and I were asked to speak in church on Mother's Day (what a treat!).  I asked my mom if she wanted to come down and go to church with us and Rick asked Leslie if she wanted to come go church with us, so we had an audience!  It worked out so nicely when we realized that Nathan would be ordained a Teacher in church also, so both grandmas were able to be there for that.  It's crazy to me how quickly Nathan is growing up.  He is such a handsome, kind, loving boy.  He tries so hard to make good choices and be a good person.  One thing I admire so much about Nathan is that he NEVER talks bad about anyone.  He is about 6'2" and is still growing!!!  I'm so proud of the man he is becoming.

After church Cory, Spring, Jaxon and Brenna came to our house to give my mom her gifts before they went to dinner with Spring's family.  Cory is doing a reality show on the Discovery Channel about small airplanes and has been gone for the past couple of weeks filming for that.  It was fun to have them over and spend some time with them.  Later, Teague, Jen and their family, Nolan, Amanda and their family, Ashlie and Will and Leslie all came over for dinner.  We ate, played games and had a nice evening.

                                               The Mother's Day gift my sweet children gave to me.

                                                                            Cute Brenna

                                                        Sweet Connor and Sweet Jaxon

It was a lot different this year with my dad not being with us.  It still is so hard for me to really believe that he is gone.  Teague graduated from college on Saturday, and when he walked in and was waving at us, it broke my heart that my dad wasn't there to see him.  Kirk leaned over and asked if I thought it would ever get any easier (we were both crying at this point), but I honestly don't know if it ever will.  He will be so missed at graduations, ordinations, weddings, parties, holidays, and every other day of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment