Friday, June 17, 2011

MY LOVE

Over 20 years ago, a handsome, rebellious, mysterious boy flirted with me at a Highland High football game.  He was one of my brother Kirk's friends, and I knew there was not a chance my parents would approve - that could have been some of the attraction!  We dated a few times but he had WAY too many girls to keep track of, and I was a shy little girl that thought he was the cat's meow but would never let him know!

Fast forward a year or so, and I was working at The Villa, a movie theater down the street from my home.  I was almost 16, a little more confident, still just as shy, but also just as smitten when he walked through those doors.  Looking back I have to laugh that I cleaned the same counter at least 100 times while I talked to him because I was so nervous.  He started stopping by my house just to say hi, and it didn't take long until we started hanging out almost every day together.  I had no idea then that I would spend the rest of my life madly in love with this incredible man.

20 years, 3 kids, and thousands of wonderful memories later, I am way more in love with him than I ever thought possible.  He is kind, loving, giving, honest, strong and talented.  His smile still gives me chills.  I am a little lost when he isn't with me, and I am so much more confident in myself when he is around.  He brings out the best in me and his opinion matters more to me than anyone's on this earth.  I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the chance I have had to be married to the love of my life.

I love you Rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment