Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NATHAN'S MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR - 2011

With my sweet Dad being gone, my mom decided to do BIG Magical Mystery Tours this year with her grandchildren.  Nathan's, Zak's and Braydan's MMT was this past week, June 4 -  June 11 and my mom took them to go see a lot of the church historical sites.  I was able to go with them this year and it was fun to get to know the boys so much better, and to visit these amazing places that I have never visited before.  We left early Saturday morning and flew to Ohio where we were able to stay for two nights with Jen Bengtzen's brother and his wife.  The boys were so excited when they saw the hot tub and the man cave downstairs for them to have free reign of!  We went to church with them on Sunday and then visited the Kirtland Temple, the Isaac Morley Farm, The Quarry and the John Johnson Farm.  It was a busy day but interesting to see these different places.  On Monday we woke up early, said our goodbyes and drove to Canada.  We were able to visit Niagara Falls and take a boat ride called The Maid of the Mist which took us under the falls.  It was breathtaking.  Tuesday we went to Marine Land, Niagara Falls and sweet Nathan was able to feed his favorite animal...a baaluga wale.  It was SO fun to see him - he loved every minute of it! We left Canada early Wednesday morning and headed to Palmyra, New York to visit more church history sites.  We saw the Hill Cumorah, Joseph Smith's log cabin, Joseph Smith's home, the Sacred Grove, the Palmyra Temple, and the Book of Mormon Publication Site.  WOW! It was a long day!  At Joseph Smith's home we met one of the most amazing sister missionaries and she quickly became one of the boys favorite things on this trip!  Before leaving to come home, we made one more stop - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, and then ran to the airport and came home.

I have such a hard time being away from Rick and my sweet kids for a long period of time, and while I was in Canada I couldn't talk to Rick because of long distance, and I missed them so much.  I'm so thankful for Rick and all he does for me and for our family.  I often wonder how I got so lucky!

                                           Marine Land - Nathan in heaven
                                                        Hill Curmorah
                                             The Sacred Grove
                                            Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
                                                Nathan on Maid of the Mist
                                                  Niagara Falls
                                                      Niagara Falls
                                                        Marine  Land
                                                   Marine Land
Marine Land
                                                     The Quarry
                                                   The Quarry
                                                The boys at the Moss' home
                                                       Niagara Falls
                                                 Niagara Falls
Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls
                                                Texas Airport during our layover
                                                                  The B Spot Resturant
                                                          LDS Historic Site

                                                          Kirtland Temple

Although I missed my family so much, I LOVED spending so much time with Nathan.  I found myself just watching him and so amazed by his kindness, manners, and the respect he showed others.  He is such a good good boy and I am so thankful he chose to come to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment